Senior Year

Junior Year

Impressionist Painting Project Reflection

Our process with creating this piece began with lots of photography for me. In order to get a good start, I went to Woonsocket and took a large quantity of pictures of all the more historical buildlings that the city had to offer. After doing so it was easy to narrow down my choices to one specific piece that I felt was interesting. I did several thumbnail sketches of it and moved on to actually sketching it out on canvas. The canvas was larger than any I had worked on before, so it was daunting at first. However, the fact that we had to use pallet knives instead of actual brushes also made me rather timid. When we actually began painting, we used acrylics and were allowed the use of any color besides black. My process began with working on large chunks of color and adding in details over time. We had several weeks to finish the project and on Friday that twelfth we presented.

According  to my peers this piece was a success. I brought up my general dislike for it and they were adamant that I was misjudging it. One peer let me know that my use of the pallet knives was much more correct than I had thought. Miss. Megan Carroll saw my whole process first hand and she added that my piece was rather nice through out my processes. Over all, the comments left me feeling more sure of my self, though I disliked the whole project.

A challenge I face everyday is believing in my artwork. My feelings towards acrylic paint are almost crossing the boundary of hatred, and I don’t trust myself when using new materials. This project combined both and I made my contempt towards it known from the start. That in itself breaks a class room rule, for which I am sorry. It was difficult for me to remain positive about my artwork during this time. My peers were critical about my negativity. They felt it was uncalled for, though I wish they would be more critical towards my work.

This piece has helped me learn new techniques, and new ways to look at a piece. I had never done an impressionistic painting before and I took this whole process as a lesson. I have heard before that I must work more on subjects that aren’t human, or even living and this has helped me realize that yes, I do need to work on it. My artistic goal may or may not include becoming an illustrator or something along that path. It is great that I can make all these characters, but it is rather pathetic that I have never given thought to where to put them. This being an architectural piece I’ve gotten a good look at buildings and I am growing to understand them more. I am progressively getting closer to my artistic goal.

Sophomore Year

FinalPPTStillLife_Segee.pptx

In Process Power Point: Glass Graphic Still Life

Mr. LeClair: Color Theory

Freshman Year

Complete Paper Sculpture

Final Grade - 97