1st assignment of Semester 2

Color Theory

Conplementary Color Grid

Completed on March 3rd 2010

The assignment was to find a work of art. Grid out a interesting section of the picture then turn it into a 12in by 12in peice using Primary colors and their conplementary shades without have the same color touch itself.

I chose to do a peice of the Artist H.R. Giger who's style is very unique. This was an extremely difficult challenge to complete because the level of detail and different color shades. I still don't think it is completely done but that's my opinion. H.R. Giger is my favorite artist considering he designed "ALIEN" for the 1979 movie. The peice was composed on a peice of canvas which is new to me. I am used to working on masonite board and did not like working on canvas.

The 12 Zodiacs

This is currently in progress. I have always been fascinated by the signs of the zodiac and how accurate they are about a human's personality. Instead of doing the traditional signs on a boring board in a circle I decided to put in a background that would also emphasize the signs.

Superman The Movie 1978

This painting was for Mr. LeClair in appreciation for all his work in helping me with my Capstone project throughout the last couple years. This took me about a month and a half. I gave Mr. LeClair this on Senior Arts Night. This is also the first peice of my art concentration portfolio.

This is one concept of what the monster could look like in my capstone movie. This will eventually be turned into a costume.

The inspiration for this design is a story in the bible which explained that angels would come down to earth, taking the form of man they would mate with the human women. The offspring called "The Nephlim" were often times deformed and grotesque. Most times these creatures grew from 10 to 36ft tall. There were bodies found of these creatures. One of them is my border fram "Where's your human evolution now?"