For my community service, I helped Mrs. Go, some peers from school, and some friends in the community, make crepes for Autumn Fest. I worked all three days from about 6:00 a.m. to about 10:00 p.m. each day. I left earlier Monday because the park wasn’t open that late. I originally was only going to do my required ten hours, but I had so much fun working, I chose to come every day. It was more enjoyable than I ever thought it would be.

The most amazing part for me, was getting to see the looks on everyone's faces when you called out their names for their orders. I was cooking most of the time during the day, and I loved when everyone would comment on how good the crepes looked. I remember one little girl who kept making her dad come back to get more. After a while we all knew her order, and when she would come we could get started before she even said what she wanted. Another fun part for me personally, was on Sunday night, my little sister came and helped out with taking orders. She was a huge help to everyone, and I know she had a great time helping out. I also made some friends working there. Most of them are upper classmen, but they were all super nice to me and the other freshmen.

Every time there was a tip put in the tip jar, it made me feel proud. All the tips went towards Beacon funding, and I felt like I was really helping with that. Overall, yes, it was work, but I enjoyed the work I did. Culinary is one of my passions, and I don’t always get to cook at home, so this really was fun for me. Many people may this that this was just for a good grade, and it was at first, but as time went on, it became more about having some fun for myself. If I was asked to do it again in the future, I would say yes in a heartbeat. I wish I could thank everyone who helped me have a good time, including the customers served, but no one will ever know how truly thankful I really am.