Alex Keegan

September 10, 2009

Film/ Capstone

Mr. Donnelly

Time Started: 1:31PM-

The I am Journal

What does being a good Beacon student mean? Well to me it means everything and I do mean everything. Beacon is the kind of school that really prepares for the future and I am lucky to have the opportunity to be a student here. To be the kind of Beacon student I want to be, means hard work, perseverance, and talent.

Hard work is essential here at Beacon and basically anywhere you will be working. You need to put as much effort as you can into the assignments to achieve great grades.  Working very hard on projects will result in good grades in every class. Hard work pays off in the long run.

Perseverance will help you get any assignment done even when its most difficult. It is always a good idea to be willing to give each assignment your all even when you feel like quitting.  Pushing yourself to achieving a teacher’s highest expectations will guarantee the best grades possible.  To put it simply, perseverance is key to becoming the best student you can be.

Lastly, you need a certain degree of talent in your specialized art. Talent is something that you are born with and have the skills needed for that certain subject you take in school. Sometimes you have to work harder in order to get the skills from whatever you learn and use them to further your talent in classes. Talent is something that will be developed here at Beacon.

I am glad to be a Beacon student.  You have to be willing to work hard, persevere and develop your talent. To be the best you need these three elements to achieve greatness. Beacon is far above your average school and the only school for me.

Time ended:  1:55PM