In my years at beacon I have been a culinary student. I have had a really good time in the class. I love how it is hands-on that is why I chose it. We have had four different teachers; we have helped out a lot of people and have done a lot of school events throughout all of the years. On my digication page I am going to tell you about the fun thing that we have done and what some of the things are that we made.                          

On my digication page it shows some of my work that I have done over this past year. The first and second picture shows a desert and a main course for one of the community service works that I did. We created a four course meal for the members at the Rotary Club. The third picture is of me putting some dill on the dessert. We got to get a taste of everything and I think that it turned out great. The next picture is of chicken parmesan that some of the seniors did for an exam. They had to make this from a whole chicken. They had to debone it and cook the pasta and put the chicken through batter and then fry it. I think that they came out looking great. The fifth picture is of a meal that we cooked one day for lunch. This plate was called Italian Nachos. Everybody in the class did something to help make these they came out great as well. The next picture is of Oriental Pasta Salad.

Our Chef this year made this from the left over chicken from the exam. He marinated it in all kinds of things and the next day it was for lunch also. This was EXCELLENT!!!! This next picture is of Sarah Hoyle making spicy tofu for one of the lunches. The seventh picture is of me seasoning pieces of chicken for lunch as well I did this with Ashley Gonzalez and we also made rice and beans with it. The next picture is of the finish chicken rice and beans. The last picture is of doughnuts that the culinary class made for our mid-morning breakfast.

As I said above I have had four different teachers in my three years of culinary class. In some ways that has made it hard but also that is good because it gave me and everybody in the class a chance to learn different cooking techniques and different ways of making things. I enjoy being in my class with all my class mates because we all know each other and all get along so that makes it easier to work in groups. I really like

Another thing this year that we had to do that I think will be a cool experience for everyone is a contest that we have to do for Johnson and Wales. We have to create a meal and then actually make it and send in the recipes and also type them out and we have to make a couple of other lists like an equipment list and a preparation list of what we will be doing and when. I think that making my recipe will be cool and I think that it will turn out good. When we send this in if we get picked as the winner we could win some scholarship money to attend the school.