In my Humanities class, my teacher Miss. Wall assigned the class a project on the Canterbury tales. Students were paired into groups of two to complete this project. First we had to choose what Canterbury tale we wanted to read and analyze for the assignment. For this project we had to rewrite the Canterbury tale (poem) in our own words based off of what we thought the poem meant and represented. After writing the poem, students had to draw a representation of what our poem was about. In my group, I worked with fellow classmate Gianna Penta. Our Canterbury tale was about a woman who moved from place to place and had many children and many husbands. We then rewrote the poem using paper and pencil and used some words from the original pieces and then put our own twist on it making in our own. For our visual representation we drew a 21st century woman dressed inappropriately to define what we thought of the woman in our poem. Throughout this project my strengths would be drawing our visual representation, and my weakness was writing the poem in proper format to fit the rubric. Another weakness was that both I and my partner were absent the day the project was due because of a Girl Tech field trip so it was difficult to get the project in to our teacher. For this project I hit both standards including R-10-4 because I demonstrated an initial understanding of the elements of the literary text. I also hit standard R-10-6 because I was able to analyze and interpret the authors craft and was able to cite the author’s evidence appropriately.

Standards Asses:

• R-10-6 I was able to analyze and interpret the authors craft and was able to cite the author’s evidence appropriately.
  • R-10-4 I demonstrated an initial understanding of the elements of the literary text.

For this project I received a grade of 90. If I could have done anything differently I would put more illustrations for the visual part of this project. An example of this would be if I drew more to represent how she hopped from place to place instead of just drawing a visual of what she looked like. My teacher’s comments helped me self assess, because they let me know that my creativity was lacking. In the future I will pay more close attention to detail and creativity so I do not lose points off that section on the rubric again.