For this project we first read the short stories written by Edgar Allan Poeand afterwards annalyzed them, searching for aspects of Dark Romantacism. After we read the  stories and found the Dark Romantic elements we wrote this MLA paper describing how Edgar Allan Poe is a Dark Romantic writer. This being our first paper for Ms. Byrne she wrote out the first two papragraphs to help us. My streangths in this project were being a good writer. My weakness in this project was getiting it done on time. Some of the standards we touched upon were 

10.RL.1-

1. Cite strong and thorough textual evidence to support analysis of what the text says explicitly as well as inferences drawn from the text.

10.RL.2-  Determine a theme or central idea of a text and analyze in detail its development over the course of the text, including how it emerges and is shaped and refined by specific details; provide an objective summary of the text.

10.RL.10- By the end of grade 10, read and comprehend literature, including stories, dramas, and poems, in the grades 9–10 text complexity band proficiently, with scaffolding as needed at the high end of the range.

10.W.1-Write informative/explanatory texts to examine and convey complex ideas, concepts, and information clearly and accurately through the effective selection, organization, and analysis of content.

10.W.4-Determine the meaning of words and phrases as they are used in the text, including figurative and connotative meanings; analyze the cumulative impact of specific word choices on meaning and tone (e.g., how the language evokes a sense of time and place; how it sets a formal or informal tone).

10.W.5- Analyze how an author’s choices concerning how to structure a text, order events within it (e.g., parallel plots), and manipulate time (e.g., pacing, flashbacks) create such effects as mystery, tension, or surprise.

Grade recieved: 88
Do you agree with the grade?  No, I believe that I should have gotten a lower grade than I recieved because I put very little effort into the paper. Based on teacher comments I woiuld like to add a work cited next time I write an MLA paper.  In the future I would like to spend more time writing the papaer so that it comes out better. I would also like to add a work cited.