Great White- Acrylic Paint on paper

I painted a landscape that was referenced from a black and white photo and converted it into primary colors. The painting is gridded with one of the primary colors in each box. The medias of this piece are watercolor and colored pencils. The final product looks like the original landscape, but with primary colors and different tones. I chose this landscape because it looked challenging and I like the texture of the mountains. The process was very time consuming. First was to measure 3’” by 3” squares on the 12” by 12” paper. Then to label the primary color to the squares in a order that had a different color square touching the other. Next was to start using the watercolor, the order of color was yellow, red, and then blue. Once the water color dried the way I wanted it to, it was time to use the color pencils to make the painting darker and add detail. From this experience, I have learned that painting a whole piece with watercolor was a lot more  difficult than when I was painting in my sketchbook. My strength for this piece was that I have patience in waiting for the paint to dry. Yet, patience was also my weakness for this  piece because of the water consistency it made my paper ware and wrinkle. I could improve this piece if I spent more time being careful of how much water I used. For the future, I hope to improve my skills with watercolor.

This is my first finished cermanic piece though it was not an assignment.