Great White- Acrylic Paint on paper

For this art piece, the junior visual art student had to create a dreamscape surreal painting and use a pie of magazine to blend in with the painting. My painting has a sea of pudding and cake land with a purple monkey swimming in the pudding with a tutu. The tools used for this assignment were acrylic paint, paint brushes, and a canvas. Some strengths I had with this piece were, getting the texture of the monkey, cake, blending the magazine cake into the painting, and creating the infinity horizon line. The weaknesses I had with this assignment were, creating texture in the pudding, figuring the best coloring for the sky, and using the colors on the monkey around the painting. "Grape monkey" was a comment I recieved from Maxwell, which made Mr. LeClair happy. If I could do anything differently with this piece, I would redo the wooden frame pattern wrapped around the canvas, since it did not look realistic. Overall, this piece showed improvement with my ability to show detail in painting and blend the magazine in the painting.

For this assignment, I recieved an 87. Based on comment I recieved from Mr. LeClair, I would have used a tool to make a wood pattern around my canvas. My grade is accurate with my skill set and knowledge since I learned from my mistakes, used technecs, and used knowledge I have learned in class. Mr. LeClair gave me the idea of adding the monkey's fur around the painting to help move the eyes of the viewer, which really worked.